Creating life opportunities for youth and families
Our grantmaking supports strategic initiatives, programs and organizations that improve life opportunities for underserved youth and families, and their communities. We provide general operating, program and capital grants.
We primarily fund in San Diego County, with a focus on City Heights.
Student at Rosa Parks Elementary School
Student at Birch Aquarium education program
We ask that all applicants first submit a brief Letter of Inquiry (LOI). All LOIs will be reviewed within four months. The LOI must include the following:
- YOUR ORGANIZATION’S BACKGROUND
- AMOUNT REQUESTED
- BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF SPECIFIC PROJECTS FOR WHICH FUNDING IS DESIRED
- SPECIFIC DESCRIPTION OF HOW THIS GRANT SEEKS TO IMPROVE LIFE OPPORTUNITIES FOR YOUTH AND FAMILIES
- ORGANIZATION ANNUAL BUDGET
- PROGRAM OR PROJECT BUDGET
- CONTACT INFORMATION FOR THE PERSON WHO SHOULD BE CONTACTED REGARDING THIS REQUEST
- BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- 501(C)(3) DETERMINATION LETTER
Selected applicants will be invited to submit a comprehensive grant application. All LOIs and grant applications must be submitted through our online system. Once you have created a user account, you will be prompted for all required documents and information. You can save and return to the application as needed.
Saved and Submitted Applications:
To return to your saved application or view the status of your submitted application